My View: A monthly series summarizing my top 5 notables & current obsessions.
1. China: Through the Looking Glass. A couple of weeks ago I went to see the costume exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was amazing! Current and last century Western designer's looks inspired by the Orient are placed next to Emperor's robes, ancient calligraphy, and more. Pictures don't do this exhibit justice as it has audio and video components that round out this displays like no other. Not only is it a complete experience, it is also huge. Just when you think you've seen it all, another room opens up. A must see if you are in New York City, this summer. Ends 9/7.
While at the Met, don't forget the rooftop. The views of Central Park are breathtaking!
2. Lobster rolls. I can eat a hot cup of chowder and a lobster roll any day. However, on a summer day in July, when I'm home sick (I grew up Maine) and stuck in this hot metropolis I really enjoy this treat. Don't leave out the Maine Root soda! Luke's Lobster is the place to go.
3. Depop. As a vintage buyer and seller, I'm all about second hand! Depop market is a new shopping app where you can buy and sell instagram style! I can't stop checking my feed for goodies and have already bought items from Dita Von Teese! I'm also cleaning out my closet and selling items (unworn lingerie, shoes, jeans etc) that are not vintage, hardly worn, and well time for me to part with. My handle is bobbinbombshell- download this app and find me! #shopmycloset
4. Aperol Spritz. When I'm not drinking rosé, I will have an Aperol spritz. So refreshing! Aperol is an Italian liquer that is made from roots and herbs and has a bitter taste similar to Campari. This cocktail was born in the 1950s and is perfect for a hot day! Easy to make, 3 parts Prosecco, 2 parts Aperol, and 1 part soda water. Serve on ice.
5. 15 seconds of fame! A glimpse into my day job was featured on racked.com in an article of what we wear to work! It's a fun fashion story that I am honored to be a part of! Even if I hate having my picture taken. I do love my summer dresses and was happy to get to show off one of my favorites, from Trashy Diva.
All photos are mine unless otherwise noted. Follow my personal account on Instagram, for these images and more in real time.